An update on the house. It looks like a war zone but at least progress is being made. So far we have.
- Knocked out the wall (YAY!)
- Demoed the existing fireplace.
- Removed a cabinet from the kitchen and tiled behind it.
- Tiled the bathroom floors.
- Primed and applied one coat of Shermin Williams Alabaster White paint to the kitchen cabinets and trim.
- And our brick came in! REAL reclaimed Old Chicago Brick – From Chicago!
REAL reclaimed Old Chicago brick. This stuff is AWESOME. So many colors. This will soon be the face of our fireplace.
A company in town called Porter Furniture is making us a dining room table from old reclaimed barn wood. This beam came from one of the barns he tears down, as well. He stained it and we are using it as a mantle.