If you follow Mindfully Gray on Instagram, you know we’ve been doing a TON of work to the outside of our house. Brett has his own landscape company so I know he’s been chompin’ at the bit since we moved in to fix up our exterior.
It is still a work in progress but it’s coming along beautifully! Here’s a few things we have underway:
- New driveway and garage floor – I know, I know not a “fun” project but much needed
- Brick pavers covering the front porch and lining the sidewalk – This looks AMAZING! We purchased reclaimed brick pavers and used white mortar to give the exterior the same “look” as our interior fireplace.
- New trees! I’ve been in love with these trees called Blue Atlas Cedars. They remind me of Charlie Brown Christmas trees! We have added three to our front yard, and they gave our house a whole new look. I feel like they give our house a Colorado look (if you know what I mean).
- Boulders – Again, with the Colorado look. We purchased HUGE gray boulders to replace the man-made brick that lined our landscape before.
- Landscape lighting
- Irrigation system – Brett has installed an irrigation system. No more dragging a hose around our yard. Brett, being in the landscape industry says dragging a hose around “is for the birds.” This was a big win for him! 😉
- DIY Exterior Shutter – How-To coming soon! We are working to replace our existing shutters. New size, new style.
As you can tell, we have our hands full, and we are tired! 🙂 I’ll continue to update you all along the way!
Thank you for stopping by! I’m so thankful for you all for following us on this journey. 🙂